Friday 25 November 2016

No patch visit was made today, appointments elsewhere had to be attended, so it was just typical that the day was mild, sunny and clear!

I did, however, have a pleasant surprise at my garden feeders, as I looked out the window early this morning, a fantastic BRAMBLING (62) was seen in my Elder tree, I grabbed my camera, but with the sunlight not reaching my garden at that time in the morning, plus I took the images through my double glazing, my images were a bit 'unappealing' lets say! Also of note, a little later I saw 33 LAPWINGS fly over, was this the same flock of 33 I saw flyover on the 12th I wonder?

Brambling is a good bird for the November list, they are not recorded every year. Later, in the afternoon, I erected my hide in the garden, hoping the Brambling would return in the now brightly lit feeding area, but alas, there was no sign of it.


Brambling in poor light.


Not a Brambling, but the light was perfect  :-)

5 comments:

Derek Faulkner said...

Lucky you with the mild weather, here on Sheppey it was certainly clear and sunny but bitterly cold in a stiff NE wind.

Warren Baker said...

Derek,
Even had a Small tortoiseshell Butterfly in my garden :-)

Pete Woodruff said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Pete Woodruff said...

Nice image of a nice Brambling. It's flown off, I've seen it at another location on the internet, would you believe it.

Have a nice weekend Warren.

Kind Regards

Pete.

Warren Baker said...

Yes Pete, I believe it ;-)