Tuesday 11 October 2016

There was a little sunshine this morning, but also variable amounts of cloud rolling through from time to time on a moderate North wind.

Once again  I walked the farmland areas of my patch, the 3 hours I spent out came up with much the same as the past few visits, with the GREY WAGTAIL feeding at the Greenhouse Grounds, where there was also a CHIFFCHAFF present. The STONECHATS appeared again, this time all three were feeding along the hedgerow that forms the boundary between Migrant Alley and the Greenhouse Grounds.

I watched 5 SWALLOWS fly over Migrant Alley, where there were also flyovers, from GREY HERON, MEADOW PIPIT, PIED WAGTAIL, SKYLARK and SISKIN of note. Two BUZZARDS were up soaring, plus a SPARROWHAWK was hunting around the Ashes Lane Fields, but there was no Kestrels to be seen, they have been absent since the 7th Oct.


Grey Wagtail at the Greenhouse Grounds.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

On my dog walk i got a pic of a wag tail in the stream. Little did i know there was a kingfisher nearby which shot off at the speed of light. Hummph !!

Unknown said...

On my dog walk i got a pic of a wag tail in the stream. Little did i know there was a kingfisher nearby which shot off at the speed of light. Hummph !!

Pete Woodruff said...

Warren....I'm really enjoying seeing you say you saw the three Stonechats again today....Magic.

Warren Baker said...

I'm enjoying having the long staying trio here Pete :-)

Warren Baker said...

Next time Sharkey eh ?

Unknown said...

Hopefully Warren

Unknown said...

Hopefully Warren