Monday 11 July 2016

Not a lot to report over the last 2 days, early July seldom produces much of note birdwise on my patch and the switch to recording and photographing Butterflies and dragonflies during this time, has been thwarted by some strong winds, with mostly grey skies, all very frustrating!

I have been out and about though, yesterday I found the first CHIFFCHAFF fledglings of the year over in the Scrubby Woods, while this morning I saw my first HOUSE MARTINS (56) of the month over Migrant Alley. Also, after sitting and watching for some time, I finally saw a young BUZZARD, it flew from a large, well wooded garden, adjacent to the Wet Woods, to meet an adult bird that was carrying food for it, this is the first year I have confirmed successful breeding for this species here at Pittswood  :-)

There seems to be some light at the end of the tunnel as far as the weather is concerned, with better conditions moving in from Thursaday onwards..............we shall see!

Back to my Wales images for todays blog brighteners  :-)


Siskin



5 comments:

Derek Faulkner said...

What a pain in the arse that wind has been this last few days, like walking the sea wall in mid-autumn this morning.

Warren Baker said...

Derek,
I see the ''change to better weather'' has been postponed now!!

Derek Faulkner said...

Yes, a hot weekend has changed to rain

Unknown said...

Great news on the buzzards

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.