Saturday 21 November 2015

Rain, sleet and snow fell this morning, when a chilly northerly wind made it particularly miserable.

I made a very short visit to the Greenhouse grounds first thing, mainly just to top up the seed along the boundary hedgerow. The female KESTREL sat up on one of the greenhouses, but finding much else in the cold blustery wind proved difficult, but I eventually saw a few SISKIN and LESSER REDPOLL as they swirled up from the Alder Trees.

There was a flock of around 100 BLACK HEADED GULLS out on the sheep pasture, the stinging rain prevented me making a proper count, plus shortly after a BUZZARD flew low over and sent them all up! I didn't stay out for much longer!


Poor conditions this morning - Snow, sleet and rain on a chilly northerly wind.

8 comments:

Derek Faulkner said...

A bitter cold gale was gusting to 60mph at 11.00 this morning on the reserve, when rain re-started I too didn't hang about. At 3.00 it's still gusting to 50mph and very cold.
A nice hard frost in the morning would be very welcome.

Warren Baker said...

Derek,
Looks like being a much better day tomorrow :-)

Wilma said...

Looks like miserable weather!

Pete Woodruff said...

But finding much in the cold blustery wind proved difficult....I know the feeling Warren.

Warren Baker said...

Wilma, believe me, it was!

Warren Baker said...

Pete,
I think we must be due a dry and settled period of weather ? I cant take 3 months of this dreary wet stuff! :-)

Pete Woodruff said...

Warren....I can't work out why all the comments are accompanied by 'No Entry' signs save mine, and Derek has none at all??

Warren Baker said...

Pete,
Thats because I had deleted the profile image, looks like wilma has too, while Derek hasn't done one anyway :-)