Saturday 21 December 2013

My planned full patch walk for this morning was halted half way round, heavy, blustery showers rattled through the area, but me being bloody minded went out anyway, it wasn't until the continuous rain arrived that I relented!

Unsurprisingly little of note was seen in the conditions, I had noted just 32 species by the time I called it a day, none of those were new for the month, with the highlight being a pair of MANDARIN DUCKS on the main Lake.

TREECREEPER, GOLDCREST and COAL TIT were the most active of the woodland species in the Scrubby Woods, while a couple of MEADOW PIPITS were as good as it got out on the Ashes Lane Field.

I'll try again tomorrow!

4 comments:

Marc Heath said...

I didn't even try today, hopefully out tomorrow.

Warren Baker said...

It was pretty dire out there Marc, got worse as the day went on :-(

Simian said...

hi warren
good luck with th next few days, looking pretty rough and rainy...possibly going to lose a few days birding and ringing, shame, it being the xmas hols too....
ah well...will see you on the other side of xmas i guess....have a nice time...as margot (good life) would say...yuletide felicitations...

Pete Woodruff said...

I admire and respect you for your bloody mindedness Warren, honest....birding on the edge.