Saturday 22 June 2013

I should have stayed in bed this morning! A strong breeze blew rain and drizzle across the area early on, but more wetting was the saturated tall vegetation I had to negotiate!

It took me just 40 minutes to realise I was wasting my time, trying to find newly fledged young in the conditions was hopeless, I got as far as looking around the Greenhouse Grounds, where at least a WHITETHROAT and BLACKBIRD found something to sing about. I also completed a circuit of the fields and paddocks of Migrant Alley, but little was seen but for a few HERRING GULLS on the ripped up paddock, along with a BLACK HEADED and two LESSER BLACK BACKED GULLS. The conditions relented slightly during the afternoon, but by then I had other commitments  :-(

Tomorrows weather looks like being much the same, so my weekends full patch walks will have to be postphoned until Monday and Tuesday, when the weather looks like improving somewhat.

Luckily I still have a few 'blog brighteners' left in the 'Blog Folder' all taken from my garden feeding station - something to look at today at least!
Wood Mouse
Male Greenfinch
Immature STARLINGS
Adult Starling



6 comments:

Greenie said...

Warren ,
I went out in a slightly brighter period , and like you was soaked through from the waist down from the wet vegetation .
Then , when I got to where I wanted to be , it clouded over and started raining again .

Phil said...

All a bit of a let down again Warren:-(
Nice Starling shot though!

ShySongbird said...

Lovely photos again Warren. A great capture of the little mouse.

Not much in the way of rain here but dull and really awful gale force winds, it is literally whistling round the house as I write this. Not sure if I dare look out the back in case the fence or a tree branch is down! Next week looks a bit better here too but things could change by then, the forecasts seem particularly tricky at the moment, maybe they've resorted to tossing a coin ;-)

Marc Heath said...

Like you I was out this morning. Got soaked and blown around everywhere, oh and I saw next to nothing. Like the little mouse shot..... Ahhh.

Lancashire and Lakeland Outback Adventure Wildlife Safaris said...

Crackin mouse - great capture of an animal that does sit still for long

Cheers

DaveyMan

Warren Baker said...

Hi all,
I suppose we'll just have to wait until summer arrives.............oh....it is summer!!