Monday 8 October 2012

After yesterdays perfect Autumnal weather, it was all change for today, heavy and persistent rain meant the day was a washout for birding my patch, the only visits made were the walk in to work, where an early BUZZARD  was sen in the near darkness, and a soggy walk back home again, where a CHIFFCHAFF called from the Greenhouse Grounds.

I attempted a garden watch, but the SPARROWHAWK kept coming through looking for a meal, so little else was coming in!  Although quick sorties to the feeders were made by GREAT SPOTTED WOODPECKER, COAL TIT, NUTHATCH and a pair of JAYS amongst the more regular visitors. A pair of SISKIN almost visited, they alighted on a nearby tree, but wisely thought better of using the feeders, a pity as they would have been my earliest ever Autumn Siskin to visit.

In the gloom no photography was possible, but yesterday afternoon I did manage to get a couple of Jay shots.............

I put up a perch by a stash of peanuts, and waited two hours for them to finally use it, got my shot though  :-)
Jay

6 comments:

Alan Pavey said...

More great Jay pics very envious :-)

ShySongbird said...

Hi Warren, more like heavy drizzle here all day and much more like November than October, horrible weather! Lovely Jay photos and the photos on yesterday's post were lovely too. Good to see the sparrow, I think too many people undervalue them.

Warren Baker said...

Cheers Alan :-)

Warren Baker said...

Hello Songbird,
Time to hibernate I think !

Anonymous said...

Cracking shots yet again mate.

Marc Heath said...

Very nice Warren. On my wanted list for the camera, preferably in flight with a nice blue sky.