Monday 14 May 2012

After a sunny start this morning, it soon clouded over, and the rain set in just as I left work, typical! So no patch visit was made today  :-(

I decided I would watch the garden feeders, and after putting out fresh fat blocks I was inundated with STARLINGS, ten Juveniles joined their parents for a right feast, I spent most of the afternoon trying to capture their antics with the camera........................... great fun  :-)
This one got bored .............
.........................and started to nod off.............
......................but soon woke up when the food was seen coming  :-)
This one admired the weekends planting I did
It was joined by another admirer of my work
Then three of them had a closer inspection  :-)
Others just sat on the fence, and awaited the next gob-full of suet
This one couldn't wait any longer, and confronted its parent

7 comments:

Marianne said...

Gorgeous. I can just imagine the noise :)

Warren Baker said...

Hi Marianna,
Yes it was quite a racket, I'm surprised the local Sprawks havn't taken advantage :-)

PS I'll post the Damselfly tomorrow :-)

Greenie said...

Warren ,
From the look of it you'd better get a lorry load of fat cakes in .
Good luck with your Ragged Robin seeds .

Millhouse Photography said...

Hi Warren

The Starling youngsters are great fun aren't they! What makes me laugh is that they stand next to the fat ball/block and beg to their parent to feed them! Lazy gits!

Warren Baker said...

Christian,
They finished off two suet blocks and six suet logs in 2 hours!

Rohrerbot said...

Warren, these pics are hilarious! Love how they're all hanging out. The things we do to get birds to hang out. But it's all worth it. Love these series of shots:)

ShySongbird said...

Great photos Warren :-) They are always so entertaining to watch (and very noisy!) and they look very pretty in your flower tubs :-) They certainly know how to polish off the fat treats though, they can be gone in moments!