Tuesday 11 October 2011

Nothing much at all to report today, the initial weekend arrival of winter thrushes has petered out, but a few SISKINS were heard flying overhead this afternoon. Over at the lakes it was identical to yesterday, MALLARDS, MOORHENS and a GREY HERON. While in the nearby Scrubby Wood a LONG TAILED TIT flock had a couple of GOLDCREST with it.

Migrant Alley was full of Corvids , with small flocks of STARLINGS, LINNET and GOLDFINCH wheeling around. 4 SKYLARK, 2 MEADOW PIPIT and two PIED WAGTAILS were also out on the sheep pasture. There were no summer species seen at all today, and there were no raptors about, apart from one SPARROWHAWK, this was seen in my garden as I was putting my boots on to go out this afternoon. It visits every few hours now, and has had the effect of keeping all the feeders unattended! I still have some of last months Sunflowers hearts to use up!

I had to take the photo through the double glazing, so they are a bit ''furry'' !

Garden Sparrowhawk


Garden Sparrowhawk


Grey Heron

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I`d be well pleased with shots like that, Warren.

Rohrerbot said...

Your shots are great.

Warren Baker said...

Cheers Dean, Rohrerbot,
I guess i'm getting over fussy!!

Greenie said...

Warren ,
I too would be well pleased with those shots .
Just out of interest , did you try it on the 'landscape' setting ?

Bob Bushell said...

Nice one Warren, the picture Sparrowhawk are priceless.

Chris said...

Wow what a beautiful visit in your garden and the shots are beautiful! I love the effect indeed.... There is nothing happening over here neither except that the winter is there ;-)

Pete Woodruff said...

Warren....thats the second Sparrowhawk pic you got in your garden in the past few days. I'm impressed, both with the bird and the pics....Great stuff.

Alan Pavey said...

Really good results through a window Warren, cracking shots!!

Warren Baker said...

Funny enough Greenie I thought about what you said about the Landscape setting, but didn't get a chance !

Ornitocampero.blogspot.com.es said...

Really espectacular shots of that bird of prey (sparrowhawk)so shy and wary here where I live....
Bye!