Monday 9 November 2009

Finally, after 5 days of feeling terrible, today I started to feel a little better, although not well enough to get back to work, or to walk my patch.

Yesterday morning I was watching the garden feeders, but gave up after an hour I felt so bad, I then spent the rest of the day in bed! I did have a bit of success in that short time however, when a male BLACKCAP came into the garden, the 31st species this year to do so, and a nice species for the November patch list - being a summer bird! I think this was a little late for it to be one of our breeding Blackcaps passing through on it's way south, it is probably a bird from the continent, that will overwinter here. Another notable species that ventured into the garden was a male SISKIN.

More garden watching today didn't produce anything exciting, but a couple of NUTHATCH'S were stashing away peanuts, as were the COAL TITS. Another MUTE SWAN was seen flying over, this one went over the wet woods.

Hopefully tomorrow will see more improvent in my health, and I can get out for a short walk to the lake - lets hope so, i'm going mental stuck in doors.

7 comments:

Oxonhoath Birds said...

Good to have you back Warren. Not much at Stodmarsh Sunday

Greenie said...

Warren ,
Good to hear that you didn't croak at the weekend .
Another horrible day here .

Anonymous said...

Trust Greenie to sound so sympathetic ;-)
Hope you manage to get out, tomorrow.

ShySongbird said...

Glad you are at least feeling a little better Warren and that you feel much better soon.

Great you got a Blackcap, I'm hoping mine return soon, they usually visit through the Winter and then go on their way in the early Spring. Now for me Nuthatches in the garden would be mega-exciting!

Sharon said...

Glad to hear you're feeling better Warren - sounds like you're suffering from "cabin fever"! Hope you get to go out tomorrow.

Kingsdowner said...

Sounds like you need some more Night Nurse!

Jann said...

I'm glad to read that you're on the mend, Warren. Take care.