Monday 28 September 2009

Not much occurred during the walk into work and back, this morning, a KESTREL hunted over the tree nursery, and one of the Peregrines was on the village tower, but thats off my patch.

This afternoon I had only 90 mins out around Migrant Alley, not long enough! I did manage to find a WHEATEAR again, i'm not sure wether it is the same bird or a new migrant. A family party of BULLFINCH'S were in the scrub headland, as was a flock of 8 LONG TAILEED TITS, and I watched 5 Chiffchaffs working a hedgerow that was just off of my patch.

A 40 min skywatch produced a stream of BLACK HEADED and HERRING GULLS going over to a nearby field that was being harrowed, aslo a GREY HERON, and few MEADOW PIPITS. Common Buzzard and Sparrowhawk were seen, but again they were well off my patch - the story of my day! As I was leaving, 5 LAPWING flying over the Greenhouse complex was a nice sight.


The only pics I got today was of this young female blackbird, it was bathing in a puddle, made by a cut to ribbons water pipe that fed a trough. Damaged caused by one of those carefully driven hedge flailing machines!







3 comments:

Ken. said...

Hi Warren.
Sorry the Sparrowhawk and the Buzzard didn't quite make it onto your patch. Some nice birds seen all the same.

Anonymous said...

Looks like we both drew a blank for the September list, Warren. It was the wind that killed my chances off.

Pete Woodruff said...

A short but sweet - as they say - post and still looking in. Thanks for continuing to do the same on my blog.

Keep on being keen on your birding Warren as its good for the soul and there's nothing better in life, though I reckon there could be some strong challenges to that remark.