Monday 25 May 2009

I awoke at 05:30 this morning, with a burning throat, headache and dripping nose - another cold, the 2nd this month!!! So I rolled over and had my first lay in for ages.....well until 08:00 anyway.

By 08:30 I had to get out, I was bored stiff indoors. I got as far round my patch as the tree nursery, Migrant alley and the college grounds, but then it started to rain, making me feel even worse! What did I see for my efforts ? Very little, the highlight was the CUCKOO flying over Migrant Alley.

By midday the sun was back out, so I dragged my sorry bones over to my seat at Migrant Alley. A few SKYLARKS sang, and PIED WAGTAILS were on the maize field, 5 very high flying HERRING GULLS went over and another 4 CUCKOO'S were seen, flying in different directions, but they could have been the same bird I suppose. 2hrs later I gave up, my mind wasn't on the job, so i went home and spent the afternoon taking pics of my garden wildlife, until it clouded over at 16:00hrs.

Here's what I managed to photograph, without moving more than 2 meters from my chair!! No bird photo's today, thats a first!

Below are a couple of Large Red Damselflies


next a couple of Common Newt pics.
Ok This one I had to catch, to get it's photo!
This Comma Butterfly dropped in for a few minutes
Bees were on the Chives, I don't know whet type though
More bees were in the yellow flag iris
Lastly, the insect below looked a strange fellow, as it fed on Oxeye daisy








10 comments:

Steve said...

Get well soon Warren, at least you tried mate. Good Damselfly pictures.

Anonymous said...

Hope you`re feeling better soon, Warren.

PS : I had a cracking end to the day.

Chris said...

Hi Warren,
I hope you will feel better soon and that this cold will quickly go away so that you will enjoy your favorite hobby. So stay home for a while!!

FAB said...

Another cold - Too much lying down searching the sky! Get well soon. Nice series from the garden Warren.

Kelly said...

...the angle on that first damselfly is extraordinary. It's very cool seeing him among the spikey things too. The common newt is cute too. Well...I'm starting to feel a bit better. It was my first cold in 2 years and I had forgotten what one felt like.......cough!

Greenie said...

Warren ,
That 'Man Flu' seems to have got you in it's grip .
At least it will keep you dry this morning and tomorrow .
Plenty of Scotch and honey is my remedy .

Tricia Ryder said...

Aw Warren - another cold's not nice at all. Get better very soon!

I love this time of the year when we've so many insects/flutters/dragons etc. about.

Lovely pic of the Damsel - those eyes!!

ShySongbird said...

Great shots Warren, and all from the comfort of YOUR perch! ;)

Your first Damselfly photo was a lovely capture from that angle! I enjoyed them all though, the Bee on the Chives was lovely and the Comma.

Sorry you are under the weather again, I hope you feel better soon.

RMN1 said...

Nice Dragonfly. Do U think about MacroPhotography sometimes?

This Is My Blog - fishing guy said...

Warren: Beautiful snaps on the little creatures.