Wednesday 22 October 2008

Whats this the rear end of ?


Another calm and sunny afternoon, but still not much to report from my patch, I had hoped to see some winter thrushes, but the weekends birds seem to have passed straight by. At the lake a CORMORANT was fishing, and MOORHENS were plenty. The wet woods had an increase in Moorhens, and there was also a LONG TAILED TIT flock feeding there, with the usual mixture of Tits, and GOLDCREST tagging along. A LESSER BLACK BACKED GULL flew over as I crossed the tree nursery, where another Long Tailed Tit flock was feeding. I made my way to the Maize stubbles at migrant alley, where the LINNNETS were still feeding up, accompanied by their ever present MEADOW PIPIT and PIED WAGTAIL chums. I met some guys at the greenhouse complex, the owner and foreman, it was a pleasant change to meet farmers who wanted to know about the wildlife and not have the ''Get off my Land'' attitude!


Below is the front end of the above bird - a LONG TAILED TIT


below is another linnet photo, it's all there is at the moment!



2 comments:

This Is My Blog - fishing guy said...

Warren: Lovely photos today. I was going to answer your question and tell you that was the rear of a bird. LOL You spoiled it by showing the front. I thank you for all the photos. I don't know if your other readers enjoy them but I do.

Steve said...

I'm going to put my money on Waxwing for you for your 100th...how about that? We must be due an invasion this winter?