Wednesday 2 April 2008

The only birds of note this morning on the way in to work, were a small flock of half a dozen FIELDFARE at migrant alley, the latest date I have recorded them on my patch is the 3 April. The walk back home was equally uninspiring, but at least I saw a COMMON GULL in with 8 BLACKHEADED GULLS, again at migrant alley. I returned to migrant alley after lunch, but nothing new was seen on the migrant front, a few SKYLARKS watched on, as any of their early nesting attempts were crushed under a roller, being dragged across the pasture, aaah! farmers in harmony with the land they work, at least the pasture has a nice set of football pitch style stripes across it, so important for those asthetics that please the ignorant public.
The downbeat visit continued, the groundsman at the large house, adjacent to the lake area, was back with his chainsaw and shotgun, and the tree nursery will be disturbed for the forseable future, as they continue taking out the many thousands of sapling shrubs and trees.
I cut the visit short today and headed for the sanctuary of my garden, but even here one of the neighbours had cut down his holly trees and was burning them, along with a 3 piece suite! in all not a good afternoon. Roll on the weekend so I can get out early and find those Blackcaps and Swallows.

My Ladies Smock is blooming well now, maybe an orange tip butterfly will visit
I think these are Oxlip flowers or maybe cowslip I never remember flowers!

No comments: