Tuesday 12 February 2008

Another warm , still, and sunny afternoon, but little on my patch of note. A KINGFISHER was on the lake, with a GREY HERON and a couple of CANADA GEESE. TREECREEPER, COAL TIT, and GOLDCREST were all very vocal in the woods. At Migrant alley, 75 - 100 FIELDFARE were on the sheep pasture, with just a few REDWING, also a couple of MISTLE THRUSH among them. Overhead a small flock 0f 7 B H GULL flew over with a COMMON GULL, a new species for this month - so it was worth going out just for that!

4 comments:

Simon said...

Was at Hadlow this morning. On the farm opposite the College there are a couple of ponds. 1 of the ponds is in a fenced off part of a field with several mature trees in with it. In here was a Brambling with 4 Chaffinches, and a Sparrowhawk flew over.

Warren Baker said...

I was out today on a school trip with the kids, so I didn't get out!
When you say opposite the college, do you mean across the A26 Tonbrigde road ? As this isn't on my patch.

Simon said...

Yes, I do mean across the A26 Tonbridge Road.

Warren Baker said...

Seems I have Brambling all around my patch , but not on it !