Monday 14 January 2008

A walk home in a squall, was not conducive to finding birds! However it soon blew over and after a change of jeans, I went out to the lake area and waterlogged woods. I only spent an hour out, as the next shower was looming in the distance. The pools in the woods are now three quarters full, and at least 5 TEAL tried to hide themselves from me, above in the canopy, the first of 4 pairs of GOLDCREST were half singing/calling, and a pair of TREECREEPER scoured the bark crevices of an alder tree. At the lake there were half a dozen MALLARD and as I arrived a CORMORANT flew off. The kingfisher again provided good, if distant views. All the while I was out I was entertained by a MISTLE THRUSH, clearly loving the conditions, no wonder one of its other names is the Stormcock.

2 comments:

Old Buzzard said...

That's a good Sparrowhawk photo you have and I'm impressed (envious?) at the variety of birds you have near your home. I've added a link to your blog on mine.

Warren Baker said...

Thanks old buzzard. Keep up your exellent blog. Its always a good read!