Tuesday 18 December 2007

It was less cold today as I walked home from work, and again there was a flock of LAPWING at migrant alley, numbering 40 or so. After a quick bite to eat, and a cuppa, I headed off to the lake area via the waterlogged woods - which was virtually birdless, apart form a single pair of TEAL. At The lake it wasn't much better, just 2 MALLARD, but I heard 2 GOLDEN PLOVER fly over, I rushed out from under the trees, but they were nowhere to be seen, however a flock of 13 Lapwing were visable, ploding across the sky. Walking back an immaculate male BULLFINCH showed itself, atop a bramble patch.

3 comments:

TomTit said...

I am residing locally for a while and am impressed by your blog. I am a keen birdwatcher also and would like to join you on one of your watches.
If you are interested in this then please contact me as soon as possible.

Tom Baldwin
Mob: 07749 700 870

Steve said...

well done with the Golden Plover Warren.....I am always in hope of a flyover on my patch...

Warren Baker said...

Thanks Steve, Golden Plovers are a bit of a rareity here. They tend to turn up when we get these frosty periods. Listen out for their distinct calls!!