Tuesday 30 October 2007

The walk to work didn't throw up any surprises. A few GULLS and WOODPIGEON flew southwest, and a flock of mixed corvids fed in the sheep/horse paddocks. A bush, in the Hadlow college grounds held a TREECREEPER, GOLDCREST, GREAT TIT and DUNNOCK but I didn't really have time to scan it for anything else. The walk back was even quieter, so I decided, once home I would do a spot of garden bird watching. The feeders were busy with plenty of GOLD, GREEN, and CHAFFINCH as well as BLUE, GREAT, and COAL TITS. A single G S WOODPECKER fed on sunflower hearts and peanuts, a couple of NUTHATCH scuttled up and down the elder tree caching seeds in crevices. There were no new species for the month though, and it looks as though October will finish on a total of 25.

2 comments:

Adam said...

Hi Warren

I have quiet 'walks to work' like that, but the garden watch is definetly woth doing...that's how I turned up my Hawfinches a couple of years ago!

Blogs coming along nicely.

Adam

Steve said...

Funny I have yet to see either Nuthatch or Coal Tit on my patch although I see/hear them around my house only a mile as the Nuthatch flies from New Hythe. Strange isn't it?

I agree with Adam - really enjoying your blog Warren