Friday 26 October 2007

I spent an hour or so searching the waterlogged wood this pm, in the hope of finding the first Redpoll of the year or maybe a LS Woodpecker, but I failed dismally. There were at least half a dozen GOLDCREST seen and heard though, and a TREECREEPER called whilst I watched a pair of NUTHATCH cashing away seeds in any tree crevice they could find.
A wander over to the lake was a quiet affair. A HERON fed under the overhanging trees at the waters edge, and 14 MALLARD splashed about noisily. A couple of COAL TIT called from the scrub behind the lake.
I met the groundsman who was felling the Hornebeam trees, and had a word with him, he promised to use some of the logs to create a couple of woodpiles, if I didn't hold the tree felling against him - Deal!

1 comment:

Steve said...

Hi warren, I actually added my first Redpoll of the year at new hythe yesterday. Keep plugging away!